Mandatory Military Training & Educational Experiences Evaluation

DVA regulations require that all previous education as well as military training and experience be evaluated according to the baccalaureate level recommendation in the ACE Guide and where applicable, be applied to shorten the program of education being pursued. It is the veteran's responsibility to ensure that official documents showing completion of all military education training, education and occupations be submitted to our office no later than the second semester of enrollment. Humboldt State University Veterans Enrollment and Transition Services requires official transcripts from all prior colleges, DD214 and a military registry transcript. If you have submitted official transcripts to the admissions office, VETS will obtain copies.

We are required by the Department of Veterans Affairs to evaluate all military educational training and experience for applicability to your current education program. We award credit based on recommendations provided by the American Council on Education (ACE).

If you are a veteran, you are required to submit your DD214 member 4 separation papers (request your DD214)


Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download this FREE software first to preview the above Coast Guard .pdf)

Clep Exams

Humboldt's policy is to accept most of the currently administered CLEP EXAMS (scroll down the page for accepted CLEP scores) and the Dantes Standardized Subject Exams. Humboldt State University will award up to 30 units. To order official DANTES transcripts please contact DANTES, or download the order forms here:

dantes logo

Evaluation of Non-Traditional Education

We will award 3 units of credit towards completion of the CSU General Education Area E for completion of basic training and an honorable discharge. The additional ACE recommended units will be articulated on your HSU undergraduate records as elective units You can make an appointment with the Veterans School Certifying Official at VETS to review your transcripts.